Monday, November 4, 2013

Catching Up On Some Sketchy Challenges

Oops... I forgot to post my Sketchy challenge from CANADIAN SCRAPBOOKER  from October and now November's is upon us!
 
So without further ado here are my latest sketchy challenge LOs.
 
Here's October's sketch by the talented SUE SYKES :
 
 
and here's my take on it....
 
 
I replaced the banners with hexagons. Little story to that ... I loved that Pink Paislee "Cottage Farms" from the moment I saw it but was having a hard time getting any. I managed to snag the frames and a pack of matching rub ons from the collection while I was in Phoenix in Sept with KELLY but couldn't find any paper. I used a Bo Bunny Gabrielle paper for the soft green and some Bazzill card stock for the dark gold color but couldn't find a pink to match. I improvised by punching pink hexagons from the packaging that the frames came in! Perfect match. This of course is a LO of my dear daughter, Chelsea, who recently turned twenty!!! GULP! I find that hard to believe as I'm sure I'm only about 28 ! LOL
 
On to November's Sketchy challenge. Here's Sue's sketch...
 
and here's my page...
 
 
 
I replaced the circular background with this Crafter's Companion stencil and some molding paste tinted with some  Vintage Photo Distress Ink refiller. Chelsea looked so cute in her Pebbles costume! The title font was free hand cut . I googled the Flintstones font and just eyeballed it when I drew it out...easy enough with a font that's supposed to look kinda rough anyway. My 'bones' were also hand drawn . I drew them on a piece of chipboard {from old packaging} then traced the shape onto ivory cs. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and with a little distress ink on the pad of a Q-Tip I smudged in the shading at the rounded ends of the bones. I finished it with a smear of white paint up through the center of the bone for a little high lightening.
 
Head on over to CANADIAN SCRAPBOOKER and upload your take on their November Sketchy Challenge for a chance to be published!
 
Thanks for popping by today. Happy scrapping! Toodles!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Your "Birthday Girl" is a big favorite!!! I Love the hexagons!! ....and the colors are gorgeous!! Love the back ground work on "Pebbles"....I agree,Chelsea looks cute!!! Love the bone!!!! Love what you did with both sketches!!! Happy scrappin',my friend!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute! I love your hexagon background on the first layout and the pebble layout is super cute! Great take on the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my friend, always have a creative and unique twist to your sketchy challenge layouts! LOVE the hexagons on the first and nope, I cannot believe that Chelsea is 20 either!!! And the Pebbles layout is just da BOMB! That pebbled background texture is soooo cool! Thanks to you...I'm now inspired to work on MY layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous layouts love all the texture especially on the second with the molding paste so cool .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Pebbles layout! The background is perfect for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pebbles Layout is absolutely adorable.....very artistic!

    ReplyDelete